Saturday, May 29, 2010

GLUTEN FREE COFFEE CUPCAKE


Cupcakes. A trend that just won't go away. I thought that maybe those tasty Macarons would give cupcakes a run for their money, so far not.
 Every weekend when Victoria offers cupcakes, they sell out.
After school on Friday, Isabella wanted to visit her mother at the bakery, knowing full well that it's cupcake weekend. She knows, she might score one.

Personally I am more of a Brownie fan, but when Lauren told me that she made coffee buttercream for cupcakes, I had to try one. Now I know there are lots of coffee creams out there, but Lauren really makes  premium quality.
She actually uses our private Espresso machine to run a few shots, which she then whips into this concoction of a cream. It's layers of flavor, nothing too overpowering, not too buttery, just perfect.

What is your favorite cupcake flavor?


THEM CUCPAKES....

THE PERFECT FLAVOR FOR ME

EVERYBODY LOVES THE PACKAGING

OK. OK. I HAD TWO OF THEM

ISABELLA'S FAV: CHOCOLATE ON CHOCOLATE

3 comments:

Lauren Jane Marie said...

These ones are definitely my number one. And that's in a list of over a dozen flavours! I like introducing a new flavour every now and then. Butterscotch buttercream made with real butterscotch--not flavouring--this week. Planning on a maple flavour for July 1st, bringing back gingersnap in the fall. I LOVE CUPCAKES!

Allison the Meep said...

OMG! I just made some of these last week! Definitely a nice way to enjoy coffee - in the form of a cupcake!

gfe--gluten free easily said...

You know I don't drink coffee, but I love its flavoring. Lately I've been making some cookies with "raw" coffee in them and we just love them. These cupcakes would be so tasty! I love the presentation, too, so I'm sure your customers love that and the taste! I always rather liked a yellow cupcake with a nice hard icing.

Shirley