Sunday, April 04, 2010

CHEFS AT WORK

We had guests in from the US this weekend. They stayed at the Palliser Hotel, my personal favorite in Calgary.
Great common areas, classic decor and fine service. This morning I picked them up for their return flight and was early enough to get a chance to watch staff at work, setting up Calgary's finest Easter Brunch.

So much work must go into this 5 hour affair, behind the scenes as well as the things we, the public gets to see. Chefs all over, prepping the display, getting their respective departments into shape for an onslaught of 250 diners. Crepe station, Omelette cooker, carving boards, ice sculpture and food, food, food.

I introduced myself to the fine pastry chef, while she was setting up (at my opinion) the most important display at any brunch, the dessert buffet..... Eggs I can make at home, but Pot au Feu? Palliser is it! Though I knew she was probably tired from working overtime to get this spread together, I was able to pitch her on GF PATISSERIE.....maybe soon you will be able to get gluten free bread options at Calgary's finest hotel.



CALGARY'S LANDMARK HOTEL

HECTIC LAST MINUTES BEFORE BRUNCH STARTS

GORGEOUS DISPLAY PIECES

ICE SCULPTURE


MY STOMACH WENT INTO ACID OVERDRIVE JUST FROM LOOKING...

CREPES WITH ALL SORTS OF TOPPINGS


ISABELLA ALMOST GRABBED ONE.

I ALMOST GRABBED ONE OF THESE......

READY FOR THE PARTY


OMELETTES

GREAT ATMOSPHERE



ISABELLA JUST GIDDY RIDING THE ELEVATOR TO THE TOP AND BACK

No comments: