Wednesday, March 10, 2010

POLENTA

Polenta, Corn meal, Grits. names there are many. One thing in common. Delicious. All of them.
Lately I read quite a bit about Polenta, both in Blogs and in newspapers. There was even a segment on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago, on commodity traders speculating on corn and how that affected the population of Congo, who's main staple is corn meal.
Naturally gluten free, it is one of my favorite, underrated meals to make.

I never tried Bob's Red Mill corn meal, but like all others I tried, it turned into a nice, creamy Polenta. With it I made some Merguez sausages and a great dinner it turned out to be.

When prepping the Polenta, to avoid the bubbling splashes of the thickening meal, I use a hot water set up over stove top cooking. Right after bringing the corn meal to a boil, it is set atop another pot with boiling water. It may take a few minutes longer, but for sure no mess and same creamy consistency.






PAPRIKA FOR PICTURE TAKING....ADDS COLOR

MY WAY OF PREPPING POLENTA



MERGUEZ LAMB SAUSAGES

No comments: