Friday, March 26, 2010

COBS BREAD




Wouldn't it be great to walk into any Cobs across the country and find a freezer full of gluten free stuff?
I went to one today here in Calgary and bought some baked goods for the staff at Hall's Auction.

Naturally I had to ask the sales clerk about GF options and though she was polite, had no desire to discuss it any further than, sorry there is no demand here for gluten free bread. I see. No worries. But if I were to ask you where COULD I find any gluten free bread in Calgary? She was not aware of any bakeries that are 100% gluten free....
She's gotta get out more I say.

Anyway. No big deal. I will call head office and see if there is any interest that THEY  may have in carrying a select line of frozen breads.

What do you think? Is this a good idea?









3 comments:

Victoria said...

Sorry Hon, as a Celiac, I wouldn't want to even walk into Cobbs, I would rather have more gf bakeries producing GF Patisserie products. Safer products, fresh baked goods. Can't beat that.

Catie said...

If there was a way to guarantee that there was no cross contamination it would be great to have an option closer to home. I love the Patisserie - but given your location and hours, I can only really get there one day of the week and I'm lazy on weekends...

Have you talked to Amaranth in Arbour Lake about carrying your products? They have a lot of GF products - but the patisserie's bread is better than what they currently carry.

bruleeblog said...

Good idea... but they don't have any existing freezer display space in their stores so that will be a hurdle for you when you talk to them.