Sunday, February 28, 2010

PULLED PORK ON A BUN. GF FROM SCRATCH

On the weekends I read other people's Blogs and lately I shifted to European based Blogs a bit more. In one particular  french based Blog, (http://ckenb.blogspot.com/2010/02/pulled-pork-mustard-greens-and.html ) I read a post about pulled pork ( the guy is from NC) and really wanted to make it. So, a couple of weekends later, I finally had time and attacked my own chunk of Boston Butt.

It's supposed to be made on a smoker or BBQ, but when you live in Alberta, well, it's a bit too soon for that. Dutch Oven had to do. And did it ever. Since Victoria does not digest onions that well anymore either, I made a rub from scratch as well.
I found a video from one of those BBQ champions and it turned out pretty good. Not that I am going to enter a BBQ competition any time soon, but this summer I really am looking forward to more outdoor cooking.

Weather permitting that is.....Calgary is famous for crazy weather patterns.

For dessert I really lucked out, Victoria had an order set aside for those Gluten Free Callebaut Chocolate Brownies and the customer forgot to pick them up. That square of sweetness was the perfect offset for the pork sandwich.

Heather T., where were you? A plate was set for you....






MADE FROM SCRATCH. ON A GF BUN

THE FINEST FLAVORS

5HOURS 45 MINUTES

COVERED IN SPICE RUB

THE RUB FROM SCRATCH

THE BEST DESSERT - GF CALLEBAUT BROWNIES

2 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Oh, I love to cook Boston Butt. As my one friend says, it can make anyone look like a rock star in the kitchen. Of course, you are already a rock star, but now you are a rock star with pulled pork to offer. ;-) I like cooking mine in the crock pot (no onions involved either). I just saw that Boston Butt is on sale so I'll be picking up some to stick in the freezer.

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Hahahhaha. Not a rock star. Just a drummer, beating the drum for GF PATISSERIE.