Thursday, December 17, 2009

GLUTEN FREE NANAIMO BARS







I may have said this before, but let me say it again. If you had a GF Nanaimo Bar from GF Patisserie, or are about to get one, I really want you to go over to http://www.glutastic.com/ and say THANK YOU to Caitlin
Because of Caitlin's insistence to get her hands on gluten free Nanaimo Bars, GF Patisserie sold more of these bars than any other treat so far this Christmas.....


I took some to Hall's Auction today and gave them to the staff without mentioning that they were GF. Gone in 30 seconds.....They are that good. Victoria is making another sheet for this weekend, so everybody can have a few slices.

4 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

I have no idea what a nanaimo bar is and now must look it up to see exactly what's in it, but it looks incredible, judging by the picture.

H.Peter said...

Nanaimo Bars...something very very canadian.

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I had forgotten about these beauties. This time I had to look up the history and found this recipe as well.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/NanaimoBars.html

I'm thinking I could substitute almond flour for the graham crackers, but I don't know about pudding powder ... maybe that means pudding mix powder?

You keep tempting me ...

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Custard Powder. Victoria found some in a British grocery store.

Not sure what to replace the Graham crackers with though.