Tuesday, December 08, 2009

AUSTRIAN RUMBALLS

Rumballs there are many. I ate them all. But what it really comes down to, is the Rum. Many, too many pastry chefs use the flavor only. Some use Bacardi or similar rums from the Caribbean and they are OK, but not what brings back memories of my childhood Christmas times in Austria. Imagine as a kid, being allowed to "eat some alcohol". of course by the time we got the rumballs, all alcohol has evaporated.

Lauren used my mother's recipe after she found STROH RUM 54% at the liquor store here in Calgary. Available now at GF PATISSERIE!













5 comments:

karenk said...

OMG I want some, hope there is some left for when I finally make it to the shop.

Simply...Gluten-free said...

I love it, food and booze in one neat package!

H.Peter said...

Hi Karen,

yes, it's worth it to go there just for those...

H.Peter said...

Good evening carol,

we are having a Rum party at the bakery, too many guests told me to forget the sweets, just hit the bottle straight up. Coming over?

Neko said...

OOOOOOOH I would KILL for some of those.