Friday, November 13, 2009

SUPERSTORE AT NIGHT

The other day we had no milk and I had to run out so we have some for our morning coffee.
I cannot believe it. Superstore at 8.30pm was empty. No hoards at the vegetable section fighting over the last bag of lemons, the deli section was completely deserted. I actually enjoyed buying milk at Superstore.
Just to make sure it was not a one day occurrence, I went back last night at 9pm and again, EMPTY. I may just have to change my shopping pattern. It was fun to walk the aisles and look at what's new and exciting at this store. here are a few things I bought and did not buy:



I don't like Egg Nogg. But it's GF

Mulled Apple Soda? Not for me

Poppycock. I just like the name. Poppycock.

Galen, you are good. Many organic products.

Blood Orange Soda from Italy? YES!

Fair Trade Chocolate? At Superstore? WOW!


Gluten Free, Organic soups.


Austrian Wafers. NOT GF!! But so good...


My Espresso of choice. Bought lots.

Organic, single estate green tea?


Imported from Turkey. Interesting

Gluten free, vegetarian meals from India. Instant too....

Freybe, my homeys. Great GF Brats. THE BEST!

Quark for my dumplings.



AND BEST OF ALL? NO LINEUPS!!!
















8 comments:

karenk said...

wow that is amazing but were the produce isle stocked? Ive gone later and the store is empty of everything so found it frustrating. Maybe I was still too early.

H.Peter said...

Actually, there were some pockets. The new stock was just being unloaded into the store.

Which was a spectacle by itself.....

Simply...Gluten-free said...

left a little plug for the wife's bakery at the end of my latest post :)

Vincci said...

Oooh, what a nice discovery! Maybe I will have to change my shopping habits as well... don't worry, you won't run into me - the cashiers don't look like the ones at my Superstore ;)

Custom Choice said...

Thanks for the post. I used to work pretty long hours in Germany (where stores close at 8pm) and could only do my shopping on the weekends. Since I've been to the US I changed my shopping to evenings and experience the same no matter where I go - there is a peak from around 5-7pm, but after that you have the stores often to yourself. Give it a try!

H.Peter said...

Hi Vincci,

though I like being behind the scenes, I do not worry so much about running into people...

It happened once at COOP where I was holding a GFP business card and teh cashier was a client of Victoria's.
That put a small dent into my photog sleuthing....

H.Peter said...

Good afternoon Carol,

thanks for the very nice plug.
Did you tell people about the boots?

I am now going to read it...

H.Peter said...

Guten Abend Custom Choice.

Where in Germany?

Ich bin aus Salzburg.