Thursday, November 26, 2009

RISOTTO

If you are short on time to cook dinner for your family, let me tell you. Inside of 35 minutes from scratch you can prepare a Risotto that everyone will love. Provided you got all the ingredients.

So easy and yet so good. Maybe the most under appreciated meal you can make quickly. Come on, try it.
I made some Chorizo sausages with my Risotto and it was on the table in 30 minutes from me switching on the stove to serving the first plate to Isabella.




Some Truffle oil for extra flavor.

Not showing is the white wine and garlic.

Soak the Chanterelles for a bit, it adds flavor to the stock.


No time to chop the garlic finer today.





7 comments:

karenk said...

wow, that looks awesome.. I love Risotto but have never made mine from scratch, really want to try, it has to be pretty easy.

Allison the Meep said...

One of our favorites! We like to put prosciutto (or bacon, if we don't have prosciutto lying around) and mushrooms in ours.

H.Peter said...

Hey Karen,

I am sure the is a video somehwere on Youtube taht explains the stirring, which really is teh only technical thing about making Risotto.

H.Peter said...

Hey Allison,

I made a Risotto with Speck (Bacon) last year and it was fantastic.

http://theceliachusband.blogspot.com/2008/09/another-risotto.html

gfe--gluten free easily said...

You're trying to impress us now and you have! With truffle oil and chanterelles, too? Lovely. I've never made risotto, but I do enjoy it out when I'm absolutely certain I can eat it safely. I like Allison's suggestion on prosciutto (or bacon as backup).

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Good morning Shirley,

I am telling you, it is the easiest
GFE meal you ever made. (Short of Microwave Popcorn)

gfe--gluten free easily said...

LOL on the GFE! I believe you, but Mr. GFE makes the microwave popcorn (it's not my thing--I don't eat it) ... maybe I can teach him to make risotto. That would really add to his cooking repertoire. BTW, I heard there's a brown rice "couscous" that has come out ... I'm interested in trying that, too.

Shirley