Tuesday, November 03, 2009

GF FRUITCAKE - PLACE YOUR ORDERS





No matter how you twist it, Christmas is sneaking up on us. 50 some more sleeps and we are there.

One of last year's surprise bestsellers around the holidays was Victoria's Gluten Free Fruitcake. Good for you, people. I still don't like it. Though Victoria took out all the nasty bits and replaced them with hgiher end dried fruits, I still cannot overcome my early childhood drama issues in that regard. It's all yours. I don't want any. Rumballs yes, Fruitcake no.

Anyway. Last year, Victoria ran out. Fruitcake is not something you make in the am and sell in the pm. It needs to sit. For a while. A logn while. The Austrian Rum needs to sink into every crevice. The fruits need to develop their flavor. You really like this? Explain please. I need to understand.
So if you want to torment your family with a gluten free version of this Christmas tradition, please place your orders in the next few weeks, so that Victoria can make plenty for you this year around.




















3 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

As gross as I normally find fruitcake, I think I'd actually eat that. It sounds great with the rum and nicer dried fruits instead of those weird gelatinous blobs of unnaturally colored whatevers.

H.Peter said...

Hey Allison,

no matter what Victoria puts in her fruitcake (short of Nutella), i won't eat one....

BUT People from as far as Montreal are ordering it

Neko said...

As the person from Montreal who ordered it, these were SOOOOOO worth it!!! :D I tried to make them last as long as humanly possible but MAN it was tough. They were FANTASTIC!!!