Sunday, November 22, 2009

ANOTHER GLUTEN FREE SANDWICH

The other day I had breakfast at Bruno's house, which after many discussions ended up being lunch as well (we do have different opinions on a variety of things). Sandra made us a fantastic smoked meat sandwich, which she told me she found at COSTCO.
Ha. I had to replicate it for my family in a gluten free version of course. Dunn's of Montreal sells smoked brisket meat in convenient little pouches that make a PERFECT smoked meat sandwich.

I used GF Patisserie's cheese bread ( I know, it's not rye), schmeared some mustard over it, added some pickles and done! A great Sunday lunch.











7 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I just ate lunch and I'm still salivating! I'll take mine with no pickle, please. And, I don't care about the bread NOT being rye. It looks wonderful to me!

Shirley

H.Peter said...

One sandwich without pickels coming up!

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Oh man - it's bed time and now that sandwich is making me hungry - I will blame you if I get fat :)

H.Peter said...

Carol, I feel guilty aready....EAT!

bakingbarb said...

Oh me oh my I need one of these!

null said...

Sorry, how do you know that the Costco Dunn's smoked meat is GF? IT certainly does not say so on the package and there doesn't seem to be anything from Dunn's on the internet about that either.

H.Peter said...


It's been a while. As far as I remember, I did contact the co about it.
Have not bought it since then, as we moved away from Canada.
Now make it myself.