Thursday, October 01, 2009

GLUTEN FREE STUFFING RECIPE

ALL INGREDIENTS



SAUTE THE ONIONS, CELERY AND GARLIC



CUT THE ITALIAN FLATBREAD INTO SMALL CUBES


ADD CHOPPED PARSLEY ( CAN BE FINER CHOPPED, I AM NOT PATIENT)



ADD SAUTEED VEGGIES



ADD EGGS & SOME BROTH - MIX IT ALL UP






BAKE FOR ABOUT 25 MINUTES @325F






EAT (AND TELL ME ABOUT IT)





Just in time for next week's Fest, here is a basic recipe for some really good, gluten free stuffing.
I used GF PATISSERIE'S Italian flatbread, but really, you can yuse any GF bread as long as you like the quality. Don't use crappy bread, because you get crappy stuffing.
Keep in mind, I don't weigh things, just go with my househusband instincts....
One loaf of Italian flatbread makes about 4 cups (or mugs maybe) of cubes....
1/2 Cup of finely chopped celery
1/4 Cup of even finer chopped onions (who came up with CUP as a measuring tool?)
Garlic What? No Cup? I used four cloves.
S&P (obvious)
3 eggs whisked a bit
Chicken broth ( to moisten it a bit)
Oh. yes, chop some parsley.
You can also add some Craisins, if you feel festive.
Put the stuffing into a well schmeared dish, cover it up and bake for about 25 minutes, the last 5 minutes uncovered for some browning.
Really easy to make, alter ingredients to your likings. I'd love to see some of your images....email them to me and I will post them on here.



4 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I love how you shared this recipe ... step by step and with your style! It looks very, very good. It's so nice that you all celebrate Thanksgiving in October. I love Thanksgiving. :-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Hi Shirely,

I think I have to learn to type propely, so I can write more like you...

karenk said...

One thing my mom taught me with stuffing is really there are no measurements... she literally would just chop and throw it all into the cast iron frying pan then stuff the turkey.
Since I am hosting thanksgiving this year Im excited to try a GF stuffing. I love the idea of the Italian flat bread, which reminds me I better put my order in for bread and pumpkin pie for next week soon.

H.Peter said...

Hey Karen,

I always love to read cookbooks at Chapters. But then, in the kitchen I don't have patience to follow all the weighing and measuring.

Please post some images on your blog when done