Saturday, September 05, 2009

NEW GLUTEN FREE PASTA







A regional distributor for gluten free foods has brought a very interesting product to Victoria's bakery today. Gluten free pasta. New to us for sure, has anyone of you heard of this brand?

FARABELLA, imported direct from Italy, the pasta is made of corn flour AND rice flour. What blew me away was the selection of Pastas available. Besides the standard offerings, this company also offers such rare to find shapes like Cannelloni, Orecchiette (Those tiny ear shaped things that you find in the soups in Italy) , bird's nest and many more...

Victoria took some samples and we will try the Pasta. If the product is as good as they say, I think Victoria will start carrying their products.

8 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Do they make Tortellini? I have never seen gluten free Tortellini!

CowtownGirl said...

I've never heard of it but I would have high hopes if it's right from Italy. I will be anticipating your review, as I would trust your findings completely! And I would happily add it to my order if it gets your blessings.

H.Peter said...

Hi Emily,

I have not seen Tortellini, but they had Gnocci...

Pambobanker said...

Please let us know how it is and if you are going to carry - a rice and corn pasta sounds mighty yummy - hubby likes Tinkyada and I like a corn pasta so this one seems as though it would be a perfect fit for both of us!!

Emily said...

Really, gnocci?? Do you have a picture of that? I've never seen that before, except for homemade.

It would be great to get more of the gluten free european products into our markets!

veedub said...

DePuma's Pasta has terrific gluten free tortellini and ravioli, www.depumaspasta.com. Give them a try!

Susi said...

Farabella comes from the region of Abruzzo, close to Pescara. I found the brand in a shop there this summer, and it's truly awesome, probably better than many brands of "normal" pasta.