Friday, September 11, 2009

ANOTHER GF SCHOOL LUNCH







The last thing you want your kid to do, is throw out the lunch you made.
I suspect that many kids don't eat the healthy part of the packed lunch in school. In our case it's the apple. Right Isabella?
Leftover chicken. Perfect for a quick chicken salad where I can hide the apple. Well, the mayo sort of eliminates the healthy part, but at least some vitamins will make it through.

So that's what I made Isabella for her lunch yesterday. Added some Lingonberries, a chopped apple, mayo and chicken. It's a very good tasting lunch and I know she will eat it. Add a rice cake and lunch is done.

6 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

Great lunch idea! I'm going to do that for my son's lunch - sandwiches get a bit boring after a while.

alix said...

Great lunch. Interesting looking rice cake -- what type is it?

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Yum. The key to getting the kids to eat apples if you don't want to put them in a salad or the like is to just go ahead and cut them up. Apples can sit in the basket on the counter for days, but if I cut one up and put in a bowl, it's gone in a matter of minutes. ;-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Hey Allison,

yes, every morning I have the same dillema. Lucky for me, isabella loves teh European cold cuts.

H.Peter said...

Hi Alix,

It was a Quaker caramel flavored rice cake.

H.Peter said...

Dear Shirley,

you are very right. Thats what I always always say to Victoria, "Darling, if you were to cut the fruits for me, I would eat healthier...."