Sunday, June 14, 2009

GLUTEN FREE TRIFLE
















Ah. GF Patisserie. Cupcake heaven for Celiacs. This past weekend Victoria sold the most cupcakes since opening a year ago.

But you should know, not all things work out in gluten free baking. In any baking I guess. A batch of lemon scented cupcakes just did not want to perform to Martha Stewart' s (who must be Victoria's distant relative) standards of perfection and just sat there in the oven. Fluffy, but little. Half pints, sort of?


Any normal bakery would chuck the batch and get going. Not so Victoria. They landed in our house Friday night, very much to my sugar addicted taste buds. I thought I can just pop them one at a time, maybe leave a few for breakfast or so?

Change of plan. Victoria's orders. STOP EATING THEM! They are for a Berry trifle. Berry trifle? As in whipped cream and Custard? Raspberries and Strawberries? I wait, no problem.

This is what I had for Sunday breakfast. A Cappuc and a couple of servings of this trifle. Unreal, isn't it?

11 comments:

Jennifer Llewellyn said...

Yummy!

H.Peter said...

Yummy it was....jennifer

Jessmeca said...

Im drooling and i just had a waffle for breakfast lol! Yummo... god i wish i had a working oven....

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I can just hear Victoria saying, "Stop Eating Them!" LOL I'll sympathize with you though and tell you that some failed baking efforts that I planned to reinvent as cookie crusts slowly but surely got nibbled away. ;-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Hi Jessica,

You gotta get an oven up there in Ponoka.

H.Peter said...

Good evening Shirley,

how was the trip to the mountains?

You know, if it has sugar in it, we eat it...no matter what it looks like.

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Ha ha, re: the sugar--love your honesty!!

No mtn trip ... Mr. GFE's truck broke down ... had to "make do" with steamed crabs and a motorcycle trip. I'm writing my post now. ;-)

Shirley

Angi, Kyle, and Deak said...

That looks AMAZING! Lucky...

H.Peter said...

Hey Angi,

almost Utah?
The trifle was exceptional...

H.Peter said...

Good morning Shirley,

I got up all excited to read your post with my first cup of coffee....nada?

Bummer about the truck. Nextweekend then.

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Such pressure from you! LOL What can I say? ... stuff happens. Sorry, I'm off to work so it will be up some time this evening.

Shirley