Friday, June 26, 2009

CALGARY'S NICEST PATIO











Calgary's summers are so short, we take advantage of every mintue of sunshine to entertain, dine, or just spend time outside.
One of the better food bloggers in Alberta wrote a great post about BONTERRA, a place that I remember as Virgina's from way back. The pictures of the food were very enticing and the comment about the patio made me want to go there for lunch. Add Bruno, my Italian pal and you had a great combination for lunch.

As it was lunch rush, I did not ask for any gluten free options, but if you want to read about the food, click here:


I want to tell you about the patio. Hidden behind an ochre colored wall is the most beautiful setup for dining I have seen in Calgary. Lots of flowers in pots and hanging baskets, two strategic located fireplaces for cooler nights and a second level a few steps up. needless to say it was packed. Yes, the food was excellent, but the patio was the primary experience.

7 comments:

are you gonna eat that? said...

Thank you for the link (and the compliment)!

H.Peter said...

Are you gonna eat that? I AM gonna eat that.

You are welcome. Your posts are usually spot on.

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Oh how I wish I was in Calgary - I would stop by and soak up the ambiance! Going to Montana next month, will I be close?

H.Peter said...

Montana? So close. Which town?
I send you a loaf of bread.

Caitlin said...

The patio is divine - and the food is amazing. They don't have a separate GF menu, but they are more than happy to help you navigate the menu to find something that you will enjoy. They make a great GF gazpacho, definitely put it on your GF list.

H.Peter said...

Hi Caitlin,

I am glad you found something GF to eat there.
Great Patio, isn't it?

Caitlin said...

It's the kind of patio that makes you want to throw a party there - just so you can spend an entire night outside under the patio lights with the smell of fresh flowers everywhere!