Sunday, May 03, 2009

SUNDAY BREAKFAST







There are perks to every job I guess. Travel agents get great deals on trips abroad, bartenders get free booze, car salesmen get to drive nice cars on the weekend and if you have a spouse who bakes cakes, you can get some really good stuff for breakfast!

GF Patisserie had a gluten free Black Forest Cherry Torte this Saturday and I put my name on a piece. Victoria told me that they could have sold my slice a few times, but then what would I blog about? More antiques?
Victoria brought the cake home Saturday evening and it was really hard not to rip the box out of her hands and eat that Torte, but I knew it would be even better for breakfast with a nice Capucc. And it was.

Nice chocolate flavored cake, very moist with a contrast of the cherries and a whipped cream layer on the outside. My kind of breakfast.
Lauren reminded me to tell you all, that at GF Patisserie even the filling is made from scratch. No big buckets of goo goes into her cakes.

Sleepover anyone?

12 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

wowza! that looks incredible.

Lauren Jane Marie said...

Don't forget to mention that the cherry filling was made Friday afternoon...no storebought fillings from us!

H.Peter said...

Hi Allison,

the cake was amazing. You would love it.

H.Peter said...

Lauren,

you are right. I take it for granted what you do. Fresh and in house made all the way.

So I will add a line to the post and highlight it....just for you.

Nicole said...

That's one sweet breakfast! I thought I was lucky to get toast and butter for breakfast haha. I want cake!

H.Peter said...

Hi Nicole,

I was going to call it breakfast of Champions....but that sounded wrong. Just wrong.

Endless Possibilities said...

That torte looks fabulous! I would love to have a eat yummy things like that all the time!

H.Peter said...

Well, for this youhave to visit calgary....the girls bake fresh 5 days/week.

Nicole said...

lol I'd call it the breakfast of champions.

GFE--gluten free easily said...

H.Peter--Bad guy ... cutting into the family's profits. ;-) LOL A fine dessert (especially chocolate) can be the best breakfast, and Sunday breakfasts should be decadent!

Shirley

H.Peter said...

I agree Shirley,

Sundays are my favorite days nowadays. how things change though. Before in my oprevious life, it was just another day...

No worries about the profits, Victoria does it for the goodness of her heart! For me at least....

bakingbarb said...

I've (almost)always baked the way Victoria does, from scratch. As far as I'm concerned there is no better way. It is awesome to find a professional actually doing this.