Saturday, May 16, 2009

MAY 16TH, 1999


Today, May 16th 2009, is our 10th anniversary. Ten years ago Victoria and I eloped to Las Vegas (What? Did you think I would get hitched in a real church??) to get married.

A total of 7 people in the ceremony, including bride & groom, I do remember the day like it was last weekend. In the morning of the wedding date I placed a high risk/high reward parley bet on the Basketball playoff games and won. The proceeds paid for the whole affair, including hotels, dinners and then some.

Victoria, over the last ten years you have been my Gibraltar, my moral beacon ( 90% of the time it worked), my best friend, my most important love, the best mother any child can have, a brilliant business person and I am looking very much forward to the next decade. But can we slow down a bit? Thank you.


8 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

Wow! Congratulations on 10 happy years together!!

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Sending you both my warmest congratulations!! I can almost imagine your ceremony as I attended a wedding at the Elvis chapel in Vegas several years ago. I just love that your winnings paid for everything and your tribute to Victoria was lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Thank you Allison.

H.Peter said...

Thank you Shirley.

Nicole said...

Awwwww Happy Anniversary! Lorne and I "eloped" as well. I'm not a wedding person at all.

H.Peter said...

It was fun. No big wedding is worth the money.

Dana Wax said...

Congratulations!! Such a very sweet post, I'm so happy for you both :)

And I always knew you and I were kindred spirts, peter ...I've always planned on getting married in Vegas!

H.Peter said...

Thanks Dana,

the only way to do it, if you want no trouble. Just get married. No drama, no wedding planer, no bankrupcty, etc