Thursday, May 28, 2009

GLUTEN FREE APRICOT CAKE











Apricot cake is the Austrian equivalent to Apple Pie. A must in every household, every weekend during season.

I spotted the first apricots at Sobey's the other day and nudged Lauren to make a cake. I love apricot cake. We dug out a recipe from Austria, Lauren adjusted the details to the gluten free flour mix that's such a hit at GF Patisserie and the result is nothing short of fantastic.

Almost similar to an Angel food cake, just a bit tastier, thanks to the lemon zest and of course the apricots.
But I ask you, why did I ask for my favorite summer cake, if all I get is two (2) slices??? I did not mean to give GF Patisserie another great idea, I wanted a cake!!

This is maybe the tough part of the whole thing with me being on the inside. I can taste it all, a piece here, a slice there, but so much of the great cakes sell by Friday, Saturday and poor me? Nada, nichts, nothing.

Enjoy your weekend.

3 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

You poor guy! Glad you got some of your favorite cake. :-) It looks irresistible!

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Hi Shirley,

I guess I should be a bit more thankful?

They do treat me nice.

Duniya said...

My dad loves this cake from his visits to Vienna, sadly he of all people who can pass up every carb (rice, pasta, potatoes) loves bread and was recently told his stomach pains are because he has to go Gluten Free. Is there anyway you can post the recipe for this cake? Thanks!