Wednesday, April 08, 2009

CUPCAKE WEEK









Wow, two posts in one day! Lauren this time, just spreading the word that we're having a cupcake week...

To sum it up, Victoria and I really get into the spirit of making anything that is colourful and adorable. Earlier this week Victoria went to the store and found out that Peeps (those sugary little marshmellows you see everywhere for Easter) are gluten free! That's right, it says so on the label where the ingredients are.

And so we decided to make Easter cupcakes for you to enjoy, chocolate and vanilla with cornflower blue, violet, peach, and light yellow icings...each with a Peep on top! Available all week long too.

(Sorry for the quality of the pics...I lent theceliachusband my camera so he could get some shots of Primal Grounds, so it was left to the devices of my Blackberry!)

OK. I took the liberty to add some images to your post. Those cupcakes are really different!

7 comments:

H.Peter said...

WOW! I just checked my Blog and go ..."What the...?", when I realized you were talking about your cupcakes..good one.

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Who can resist cupcakes and Peeps cupcakes? These should be VERY popular!! Check out last year's Peeps Dioramas from the Washington Post contest. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2008/03/21/GA2008032101983.html This year's finalists will be online on Sunday for Easter. Too funny! Some very clever people.

I always used to buy Easter cupcakes for my son before we went GF. I'd get some of yours for him if we were nearby even though he's 21 now. ;-)

Shirley

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Uh, oh, the link got cut off. Well, just google Peeps dioramas if you want to take a look. It's worth it, I promise you.

H.Peter said...

That was a great link. Unreal creations.

If Victoria would use ANY sort of preservatives, I could FEDEX a couple of cupcakes. But you know, she is an idealist!

The other day a person walked into the bakery to comment that GF Patisserie's bread actually gets mouldy, if not stored properly. Like it is supposed to...

GFE--gluten free easily said...

H.Peter--It is funny. Sometimes I find myself getting irritated that my salad greens don't last long and then I have to laugh at myself, because do I really want to eat salad that lasts and lasts? ... I don't think so. Just like I don't want to eat a lot of other vegetables that the bugs won't even touch. Bravo for Victoria for holding to her standards!

Shirley

Dana Wax said...

Those are adorable and they look SOOOO delicious!!

Hurray for spring and all of its baking inspirations! I love drooling over your pictures. So lovely!

H.Peter said...

Hello Dana,

they sold out of all cupcakes this past weekend.

Spring in Calgary is such an important time, snow melting, warmer temps, just all around a better feeling!