Saturday, April 11, 2009

AND THEY ARE OFF.........
















Just like at the race track, there was a stampede GF Patisserie today.

Lauren left the bakery around noon to fly off to the islands with her friends, customers kept coming in to get their ration of gluten free breeads and cakes for the week ahead and Victoria came home just after 5, to get ready for our little trip down south which will take us to Las Vegas.

I will try to post some pics from our trip, we are planning to visit some new places and of course old and tried joints. Lucille's BBQ is on the list, so is Cafe Baba Re Ba, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for new GF products.
Isabella just wants to go swimming, so I will spend plenty of time with her at the pool, while Victoria walks the Outlet Mall in Primm. We found a great non gaming hotel near Mandalay Bay, on the south end of the Strip. Initially planned as a timeshare property, due to the economics it was turned into an all suites hotel with all extended stay amenities. Great for a week's stay, so Isabella can have her cereals or gluten free toast in the room. I definitely will let you know if the place lives up to the hype we heard about it on www.tripadvisor.com
I will have to work a little bit, so I am going to visit some of my suppliers at the World market. Though I was just there in February, it's fun to see them again.
See you later.


8 comments:

Rebekka said...

Just found your blog...wonderful! I have a few very special celiac people in my life and are always wanting to bake for them. I can't wait to check out your bakery website!

-r

H.Peter said...

Great, you found the Blog. Enjoy.

Ehm, I am very envious about your Anthony Bourdain group hug!!!

bruleeblog said...

For a group dinner during my trip, I've been trying to convince the people attending that Cafe Baba Re Ba is a good choice. So frustrating. Wish they would just listen to me already!

P.S. Sent the website to one of my celiac-friendly friends, and she told me she drooled over the photos. :)

Dana Wax said...

Have a wonderful vacation!! And I hope the girls enjoy their time off!!! :)

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Hope you all have a fabulous time!!

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Cafe Baba Re Ba is for dinner tonight. Will send you pics....

Thanks for forwarding the website to your friend.
GF Patisserie has a nice following in Edmonton and by Summer we might do a delivery run every two weeks.

H.Peter said...

Hello Dana,

how is Cleveland? Snow gone finally?

H.Peter said...

Thanks Shirley, we love spending time in Las Vegas.