Friday, March 13, 2009

GLUTEN FREE SHORT CAKE & ST. PATRICK'S DAY











Just in time for the first warmer weekend of this season, Lauren perfected GF Patisserie's short cake recipe. The short cake is filled with Strawberries and whipped cream, fluffy and very moist. She was kind enough to bring home a taster, I gotta tell you, it's excellent.

And in preparation for next week's St. Patrick's day, GF Patisserie has made the obligatory green thing.
Cloverleaf shaped cookies with green royal icing. How ingenious....well, not really. The Irish...what can I say. Just another excuse to get drunk? Or in my case, eat all the left over cookies? Regardless it's a fun day in the neighborhood.

4 comments:

ellorneo said...

mmmm shortbread! I love the St. Patties green cookies! I prefer that any day to green beer!

H.Peter said...

I don't drink beer either...never acquired the taste for it.

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Call me crazy, but I'd go for those cookies over the short cake recipe. I can't resist cutout cookies with colored icing.

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Not crazy, just a strong level of restistence....