Thursday, March 26, 2009

GLUTEN FREE PASTA CARBONARA
















Rizopia makes the best rice noodles hands down. I heard something about imported noodles from Italy, but until I get my hands on those, Rizopia is our gluten free noodle provider.

Today I made Fettuccine Carbonara, the "wet" version. My preference is the dry version without cream, but my family likes my creamy sauces, so they got it. Such an easy dinner to make, just mix it all up little by little and you get some great Pasta. The egg yolk goes in raw at the end, to add some extra flavor to the whole thing. And yes, the cheese is from COSTCO.
They had a great selection of Pecorino Romano this time, had to buy one for my cheese drawer.


I also bought my first Dandy lion salad today, I liked it, but the large leafs was too bitter for the girls. Have to wait for younger leaves.

8 comments:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Thanks for the offer of help. We may take you up on it!

H.Peter said...

just email me at:

theceliachusband@gmail.com

If you get stuck.

Allison the Meep said...

Looks delish. Thanks for the good meal idea!

H.Peter said...

You are welcome, Allison.

GFE--gluten free easily said...

I like a good pasta carbonara, but haven't made it in a long time. I always made the dry version myself, but this looks great. I've never heard of Rizopia pasta before. Most pasta dishes that taste fantastic are really easy to make. :-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...

Rizopia is out of Toronto I believe.

As mentioned, the dry version is my favorite also.

ellorneo said...

I picked up some rizopia this weekend, so I'm looking forward to trying it!

H.Peter said...

Signor Lorne,

you will enjoy it like real Pasta.
Just use lots of water, as the rice pasta tends to be very starchy. If that is a word. Lots of starch.