Saturday, February 14, 2009

IN-N-OUT BURGER LAS VEGAS







NOT GLUTEN FREE!!

During last week's trip to Vegas, my food intake was mostly attached to business meetings or crowded social events and it would not have been wise to snap images in front of my (potential) clients for a Blog.
So, sadly the only foodie post I have with images is from my favorite Hamburger joint, IN-N-OUT BURGER.
And unbelievably, even there, the one night without any obligations I ran into a client of mine from Galena, Kansas. Gerry was in town for the same show as I was and apparently also had a craving for something "down to earth", the best Burger in Vegas.

Much has been said about IN-N-OUT, both in Blogs and online articles, but it is still worth a short post. I do not want to call it fast food, not only did I wait as usual for 7 minutes to get my burger and fries, but they have no freezer, no microwave, nothing. Fresh only. (Ehm, Victoria came with me many times....)
A simple menu, Burgers, fries and shakes allows for a focus to produce the best in that and not falter by offering a bit of everything.

My burger, a double double (Double cheeseburger) was hot and tasty. The fries are made from scratch, thin cut, and with some ketchup, are as good as the burger.
They also have a secret menu, which of course leads to a cult following among college students. I never ordered any of their specials, but you can see more images here:


The chain has locations in California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah only, so if you ever find yourself anywhere in those states, go and find one. You will love it.
Even Thomas Keller, the Chef owner at French Laundry is a solid fan and that says it all. For me at least.

11 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

Their fries are GF, as they aren't shared with any kind of breaded item. Also, I've eaten there tons of times (when I still lived in L.A.) and never got sick because I ordered the double-double "protein style" which just means it has a lettuce wrap instead of a bun.

Their customer service is super helpful in determining which items are GF, and which are not. The special sauce is undetermined, so I always leave it off. I really love them as a company for trying so hard to accommodate the celiac community.

H.Peter said...

yes, their fries are GF and that's what Victoria ate when I schlepped her with me.

Costco, In-N-Out, just two of the very responsible companies I like. You are right, they are accomodating to both clients and staff.

Lauren Jane Marie said...

Sigh, I was just thinking of In n Out the other day. You had to go there...

Where is my burger???

H.Peter said...

Hey Lauren,

what I did not mention in my post was that I also went to Chipotle's....yep. Chipotle's

are you gonna eat that? said...

YUUMMMMM. I heart In-N-Out AND Chipotle. Sigh. Thanks for bringing up what is not available without a flight.

H.Peter said...

Yep, all the things we miss out on when living in AB....

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Yes, I'd heard they easily do GF for folks. Glad you got to enjoy a special treat. :-) I enjoyed the pics of the special menu items, like the animal burger. LOL

Shirley

Chris said...

Chalk another visitor up on the envy side. I'm still an In-N-Out virgin, so it doesn't help when I encounter these delicious stories/pictures! Looks fantastic.

H.Peter said...

Hey Chris,

get a freind at Westjet, bug him/her for a "Friend Pass"
fly to Vegas for 40.00 and eat at IN-N -OUT!

problem solved.......

Chris said...

Done and done. Of course expect the Westjet friend part! You are like my IN-N-OUT Burger magic eight ball. :)

M said...

The special sauce is also GF, but you have to be wary of cross-contamination, with the knives and spatulas that spread sauce on the buns. If you mention it, they will use "clean" utensils. Also, you can request the special sauce in packets and put it on yourself.