Friday, February 27, 2009

HARD AT WORK





























The last couple of days I spent visiting a number of factories to find the best supplier for a new fitness machine, aptly called CRAZY FIT. Basically not much more than a vibrating platform, this machine will be the next big fitness craze for lazy people. Already a huge hit in Europe, you heard it from me first!

10 minutes of full body vibration supposedly equals one hour of workout. Add to that "promises" of multiple other health benefits such as strengthening of bone density, vericous vein reduction and many more miracles, I can see it become the next treadmill.
Just no walking. I am not convinced, but my client sure is. I had to test so many machines, some of my fillings fell out....just a minor side effect.
I told my client to put it on the label with all the other warnings, such as "do not operate when drunken" or "feeble people shall not use machine". Yes, those were actual warnings in CHINGLISH. How about this one: "Automatism/Fat testing"...Which I believe is meant to say Auctomatic Body Mass Index.

Anyway. Minor flaws. We found a good factory that seems to be able to correct those issues and my job is done. Back to Shanghai.

5 comments:

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Wow, I had never heard of that. I looked it up. It's on Amazon. Seems like one of the benefits is the massage effect. Interesting. I hope you'll keep us posted on your involvement with it. Sorry about those fillings!! ;-)

Shirley

ellorneo said...

Ha, I played with one of these at fitter first in Calgary and I just had to make the motorboat sounds as I was on it. It makes talking fun!

The thing about vibration platforms is that they will not increase muscular size (you can't do that without heavy weights) or increase cardiovascular ability, but they do tone your body because due to the vibration, your body has to constantly adjust muscles to stay upright. It's more of a microscopic toning of your muscles.

Anyway, that's me being a nerd of fitness stuff. I like research on this stuff.

Honestly, these machines are a fantastic invention! They work really well.

H.Peter said...

Hey Lorne,

you told me more about the actual benefits of those platform things than any of the factories were able to...

I am sitting this one out, broker only, won't get involved with my own $$.

H.Peter said...

Hi Shirley,

the "missing fillings" were metaphorical...

I am not going to participate in buying and selling these machines, will assist only with QC and shipping issues.

GFE--gluten free easily said...

H. Peter--I knew you were "joshing" me. I don't think anyone would buy them if they shook their fillings out (well, maybe the old mercury amalgam ones, but that's way off topic). Glad your involvement is at a level you feel comfortable with. :-)

Shirley