Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GLUTEN FREE DANISH











GF Patisserie may only be open 4 days a week but let me tell you, the girls work almost every day. Procuring ingredients, all important paper work and most exciting, product development.
Weekly experiments, new equipment tests, buying a new cook book to find exciting, easy to convert recipes, it all has to fit in a week's work.

Today both Victoria and Lauren experimented on how to create the best gluten free danishes. I am telling you, the best part of it all, I get to try every single effort they come up with. I have said this before, but their talent knows no end.
Three trials, all three are ready for the store in my eyes. Ah. But not for Victoria. She will keep perfecting them the next few days and then when it fits her palate, only then will Victoria offer them for sale.

There are also some breakthroughs on the savory front. Though both Victoria and Lauren do not want a full fledged restaurant with gluten free gourmet dishes, this summer you can expect some take out sandwiches and Paninis with premium ingredients.
And most exciting....Victoria bought a Pasta machine. FRESH PASTA! GLUTEN FREE! Now that's tasty!

9 comments:

Gluten free Kay said...

I am drooling over these photos! I have been pastry-free for over a year now, and I'm off sugar as well. Arghhh!

karenk said...

Wow, that does look good. Im also so excited about the homemade pasta. I used to buy the homemade pasta from the farmers market but no more.. I love fresh better as it not only tastes better but cooks so much quicker.

H.Peter said...

Kay,

no sugar? harsh. I am a Chocoholic!

H.Peter said...

Hello Karen,

the pasta will be rolled out this summer.
I agree that you can't beat fresh pasta.

GFE--gluten free easily said...

You are one lucky man! Fresh pasta sounds like a heavenly treat, too. :-)

Shirley

ellorneo said...

Everything looks so good! and are those cinnamon buns?

H.Peter said...

hey Lorne,

they are indeed Cinnamon buns. I classify them as danishes...

ellorneo said...

I may have to buy a cinnamon bun!

Dana Wax said...

these look insanely amazing. crave-worthy, sticky sweet, absolutely amazing.

way to go GF Patisserie!