Wednesday, February 04, 2009

GLUTEN FREE BISCOTTI















What a breakfast. While I was spending my whole evening at the Auction, Victoria experimented with a gluten free Biscotti recipe.

I did not make it in the kitchen last night but let me tell you, I found them right away in the morning. Next to the coffee machine.
Victoria used her GF Patisserie flour mix, double baked the dough and I must say I did not taste a difference to a regualr Biscotti. To make them even more tasteful, Victoria added orange zest and covered the Biscotti with chocolate. The orange flavor especially made this Biscotti stand out.

What a breakfast. A Cafe Latte and a couple of Biscotti. OK. Three.

9 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

Those look amazing.

Nicole said...

Yum! My dad used to always make biscotti with orange zest right in the biscotti. They were so good.

H.Peter said...

Yes, they were amazing. Only two left...
Orange peels pack a bunch of flavors that's for sure

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Confession is good for the soul. ;-) How could you resist, right? Yum.

Shirley

H.Peter said...

I could not resist.
Victoria has a talent. Or two.....

ellorneo said...

So was your bite good? It looks good. I'm surprised the photo isn't blurry from the camera shaking due to the crunchiness of the biscotti.

H.Peter said...

Can you believe it Lorne?
I took a picture of a Biscotti that I bit into! Crazy. Victoria found it weird too

Dana Wax said...

You are one lucky man. Those look gorgeous! I love anything with orange zest.

(In answer to your previous question on the other post..)The weather here in ohio & michigan has been pretty awful! We've been hit with blizzard after blizzard and I do hope it stops soon. How are you all faring with this month's cold arctic blast?

H.Peter said...

Hi Dana,

in Calgary the weather is crazy.
But we do have this wind, called Chinook, which warms up to +11 virtually overnight.

Overall it was a harsh winter so far.