Monday, January 05, 2009

FRANKFURTER - GLUTEN FREE







I don't care how everybody reading this post will call these sausages Wieners or Hot Dogs. They are Frankfurter. Plain and simple. Even if the label says "European Wieners", they are what they are. To me. Frankfurter with mustard.
Here is the proof:

Anyway. A classic Austrian snack, you can get these on every other corner in the cities at a "Wuerstelstand", or sausage stand. Best enjoyed with some mustard and a piece of bread. In our case with Victoria's gluten free buns.



8 comments:

GFE--gluten free easily said...

You are very assertive about your frankfurters, H. Peter!! Obviously, you know them well and whatever you call them, they are good. It's been exactly 5 1/2 years since I've had one on a bun. However, I would definitely try one on a bun from your wife's bakery if I ever end up nearby! One advantage of a GF bakery is that you can be sure the products aren't loaded with tons of preservatives and such because they are baked daily and go quickly. :-)

Shlrley

H.Peter said...

yes I am when it comes to sausages. I love sausages. All of them. Black Pudding to Frankfurter.

At GF patisserie, Victoria only uses the best stuff. The only drawback (from a business point of view) is the shelf life. So she has to sell quick....

Nicole said...

Mmmm hot dogs! :P

I've never said frankfurter so I can't really start now. But if it means that much to you I will try.

Mmmm frankfurters! I'm hungry now. I need an open fire pit so I can make really good frankfurters!

ellorneo said...

Bratwurst would be good about now. I am a sausage fan too, so I gladly join the club!

H.Peter said...

Sausages, if they are good, are as enjoyable as a good cut of beef.

Where ever I go, I explore the options on sausages.

H.Peter said...

Hi Nicole,

Victoria laughed at me after she read your comments!

Nicole said...

Haha, I hope it was a good laugh and not an "in yo face" sorta laugh :P

eggegg said...

Where is Victoria s bakery please?