Monday, December 08, 2008

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, I'M THE (GF) GINGERBREAD MAN!




theceliachusband is still a little jetlagged from his trip. Didn't even remember talking to me when I came home today, and an hour later looked at me in surprise...
So, I'm here to write to you again!
I just love the holiday season, there's so much to be had that you can only get at this time of year. Everyone has a favourite, and the gingerbread man is definitely at the top.
Saturday I test baked a batch, and everyone recognized the sweet smell of ginger, cinnamon, and butter. (We weren't kidding when we said we wanted to bring you the sensual experience of a fresh bakery...)
So this week there will be plenty available...and I'll definitely be making a gingerbread house. And of course I'll be singing the gingerbread man song..."Run, run as fast as you can!"

6 comments:

H.Peter said...

What Jetlag? I am wide awake..you snuck in the house to confuse me on purpose!

These Gingerbread boys remind me a little bit of the famous Mr. Bill on SNL ....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiq9FzJNKnQ

Nicole said...

Wooohoooo! You rock!

ellorneo said...

yeah yeah yeah! Gingerbread all the way!

Lauren Jane Marie said...

nom nom nom

i ♥ gingerbread

ParisBreakfasts said...

I LOVE Gingerbread!!!
Are they gluten free?
What recipe...does that make them less fattening?
HELP..longing for gingerbread, but could I be trusted to make them myself...hmmmm

Lauren Jane Marie said...

Oops I guess it slipped to mention that they are gluten-free!
I use a normal recipe and replace the flour with our gluten-free flour mix...like anything its about consistency of the dough.

Unfortunately (esp because I love cookies) they aren't less fattening since carbs are carbs. Booo. But during the holidays I give in...