Friday, December 12, 2008

RANDOM IMPRESSIONS FROM CHINA




Total random images from my last trip to China. Mixture of my work, things you see on teh road and a couple of shots from my room of Shanghai. If you want to know more, just post a question...














































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































6 comments:

Caitlin said...

Great pictures! What a facinating place. Question for you: 4th picture from the top, what are they?

H.Peter said...

Glass floats. They are attached to fishing nets all over the Pacific Ocean. Many times they come loose and drift for monthuntil they reach shore in BC ( mostly from japan) or in China (from China).

People use them as decorative ornaments or some innoavative thinkers cut them open and make lights out of them.

Nicole said...

Caitlin already asked my first question so I guess I don't have to ask it now :o) Those glass floats are really neat! I could probably think of cool ways to use them.

Okay, that monkey on a rope/leash freaked me out! I would seriously freak out if I saw a monkey like that. Eeee eeee EW!

What is growing in those greenhouses?

You had an AMAZING view! Wow! Do you usually stay in the same area?

H.Peter said...

The greenhouse operation is owned by David Lee, he is one of the largest organic vegetable growers in Beijing.
He supplies all teh big hotels and fine restaurants with his stuff.

The images ae of Arugula salad, after i complained to him that I need a salad for change from all the chinese food. So he took me to his greenhouses.

I usually stay in Pudong, which is the new part of Shanghai. That city is hosting the 2010 World's Fair along the river in Pudong.

The monkey does tricks and then you are supposed to give the guy money for it....pretty cruel.

ellorneo said...

I think the purpose of discus is to let go of it... just look what happens when you don't!

Automatic Medicine Vending machines? I think they call those coke dispensers here...

H.Peter said...

That machine was in a train station. Nobody was able to tell me what kind of medicine it dispensed.

China.