Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A LITTLE REFRESHMENT...?

So you were promised a guest writer, and a guest writer you've got. Lauren here, from my beloved laptop. Alright, despite my ability to type well, my blogging style is not nearly up to par with the celiac husband, but I'll give it my best shot. I say this because my own blog has one post, from the end of the last school year.

Those who know me best know I like to be really technical about some things, I could go on about the difference between store bought and artisan breads. You can really appreciate a good one. Hey Papa, we haven't been on a Sunday round of the bakeries in a while...hint hint.

But obviously here we focus on gluten-free. One of the things I miss about making regular bread is the variety you get to choose from. So why not the same for gluten-free? I get bored making the same thing over and again, so a new flavour combination was the way to go, especially with Christmas just around the corner.




Behold... the Cranberry Pecan Flax Baguette...quite the mouthful! Can't say this combination of ingredients hasn't been done, but the result today was fantastic. Paired with a good creamy cheese (think Brie or Camembert) and you have an instant hit for your holiday parties.

3 comments:

H.Peter said...

Thank you Lauren. As I said, well written.

The bread is your best so far. But then, I love Cranberries.

Nicole said...

That bread looks awesome Lauren!

ellorneo said...

Good post Lauren! It's nice to hear it straight from the baker! The bread looks fantastic! I guess my next purchase from GF will be some bread.