Thursday, October 02, 2008

FURNITURE BARGAINS AT THE AUCTION






One of my favorite hobbies is visiting auctions to buy higher end collectibles and great antique furniture. I had more options while living in the US, where we had plenty of auction houses nearby.
My choices in Calgary are not the best, but I get my bargains here and there. I stopped by at Hall's Auction to see what's coming up this fall. Always, always good stuff there.

This month though, they changed directions and are going to auction off around 400 pieces of show home furniture. BRAND NEW, never used furniture. I don't need anything, but it did make me curios. If I were to need something, what would I buy? I saw this great Four Poster Bed, absolutely not my style, but at the right price......
Or how about a safe? I always wanted a safe, but honestly, what would I put inside? OK. No safe. Maybe a pool table? For sure cheaper than at the store....that's it, I am going to buy the pool table.

Check it out, maybe you see something.....the prices seem right.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cool! If we had a bunch of extra money right now I would be tempted to check that auction out. But alas we are moving soon and don't feel like spending our much needed moolah.

I hope you get the pool table! Do you guys play pool often?

H.Peter said...

Not yet. But if i get that table we will.

Nicole said...

I hope you get it for a good price then :o)

H.Peter said...

I am much better with antiques. Not even sure what pool tables are worth

ellorneo said...

Very cool indeed! I like the gun case! I think it would be fun to have, although I don't have any guns. I'm just weird like that.

Nicole said...

Pool tables can be quite pricey. Like a few thousand bucks. I say you start low at say.... $1.99 and hope that no one else wants it haha :P Wouldn't that be awesome...

H.Peter said...

The auctioneer would probably kick me out, but I agree with you on the price. Now that's a savy shopper!

ellorneo said...

And now you see why I married her! She has bailed me out so many times.

Nicole said...

Haha yeah... I've gotten us better deals with cars and free things thrown in. Also, I did pay his one and only traffic ticket for him when we were dating :P He married me for my money. Too bad I don't work hey? hahaha! :P

You're gonna let us know if you get the pool table right?!

H.Peter said...

That's funny. ONE Traffic ticket.
Good driver.
Not like me. There is a plaque at the police head quarters with my name as a major "donor".

If i get the table, you will hear about it for sure

amina said...

If you are totally fed up of your mobili per ufficio (office furniture) and wish to rejuvenate your office interiors, then it is time for you to log in to the website http://www.momi.it. Almost all types of furniture solutions are available with Momi and as soon as you submit your order with Momi, your furniture requirement would be taken care of at the earliest.