Saturday, September 20, 2008

WHAT IS IT THAT I DO?
























A friendly Blogger today inquired what The Celiac Husband does, other than talking about his wife's bakery, her creations and other related topics.

Well, what do I do? Sourcing fine products for Home & Garden may be the best way to describe how I spend most of my days. Once I develop a new source of products, currently I am focusing on garden decor, I then proceed to share this source with my clients in the US, Canada and as of this summer, Europe.
Fortunately for me, this sort of work asks for lots and lots of travels, mostly to the Pacific Rim, such as China, Indonesia and other countries that make exciting products for my clients. Then of course I have to attend trade shows nationally, which means......more travel. So I get around a fair bit. Eat weird things, see great places, get to meet some very nice people and share all that with my customers. But I guess that's for a new BLOG.


More images below:









3 comments:

ellorneo said...

That is such a cool sounding job! I never knew people did that kind of thing! Sounds fun too! I'd love to be able to see far away places like that.

H.Peter said...

Travelling sure influenced me more than any other parts of my life (with the exception of my parents of course).

Travelling opens eyes, minds and hearts. Actually much easier to achieve than thought. Most talents are needed around the world. It just takes the first step of leaving one's comfort zone. After that hard decision, it is really easy.

ellorneo said...

Yeah I know what you mean. My trade is valid anywhere in the world, but it would require a permanent move there. I'm happy where I am so I'll have to leave travels to vacations and getaways.

P.S. If you ever go to New Zealand, let me know and I'll tag along :-)