Tuesday, September 23, 2008

THE HONEY GUY AT THE BEARSPAW MARKET


Only two Sundays left before the Farmers' Market in Bearspaw closes for a long, cold winter. It has been a ride.


One of the best deals at the Bearspaw Farmers' Market I found to be honey. Right next to Victoria's stand is John, who sells his own Alberta honey. Great tasting, golden light honey. Appropriately called Johnnie Bee Good Honey.

It's not just the honey that makes John's booth so great, it's his knowledge of bees and everything honey. Many times I was able to listen in on his comments on the current challenges of Bee Colony Collapse disorder and other parasites that threaten our bees, as well as his tips how to use honey for all sorts of ailments and remedies.


Go check it out. Buy some honey, it's good for you.

5 comments:

ellorneo said...

I love eating honey! I eat is almost daily. I bought some stuff from the Farmer's Market in Calgary (flavoured honey is good!). I've seen that there is a market at Bearspaw and I will definitely go there once I live in Cochrane!

H.Peter said...

Hello Ellorneo,

I know the booth at the Farmers market. Always buy those honey sticks for my daughter.

Before we moved to Vegas, we used to live in Cochrane. A fantastic small town. You will like it a lot there. Needless to say your commute will be cut by what, 70%? The back road parallel to Trans Canada?

ellorneo said...

You live in Vegas? I thought you lived in Cochrane. I'm confused... but your shop is in Cochrane? Enlighten me!

I am definitely looking forward to a shorter commute. Right now I put 120+ km per day on the bike, and once in Cochrane I'll be doing 200 km per week. That'll make a bug difference I'm sure.

H.Peter said...

Used to live in Vegas from 2000 to 2006. Then moved back to Canada.

ellorneo said...

Ah I see. So you're in Cochrane again now right?